Sponsored by the VA, MD/DC, and DE chapters of ACDA and The Musical Source
Stay tuned for detailed 2022 Conference Information!
In the meantime, check out what we did in 2021 below!
2021 Conference Schedule
- FRIDAY, AUGUST 6
- ACDA Friends Track: Sessions available beginning at 8:00AM
- Open to all regardless of membership status with ACDA
- Sessions are pre-recorded and are available for all on our YouTube Channel.
- Interest Sessions:
- Matt Hill: Community Choirs: From Music to Money and Everything in Between, Session 1 – The Music Side
- Matt Hill: Community Choirs: From Music to Money and Everything in Between, Session 2 – The Business Side
- Kerry Wilkerson: Careers for Vocalists in the US Military
- Nathan Reiff: Leading and Growing with a Hospice Choir in the Time of COVID
- Matthew Clear: Designing a Concert Series to Serve Your Choir, Congregation, and Community
- Cody Miller: Musical Maps: Are We There Yet?
- Ashley Conway and Emily Williams Burch: Using Technology to Spark Passion in the Classroom Post-Pandemic: Keeping your Technology L.I.T.
- Repertoire: Resources from Area Directors, compiled by C.J. Redden-Liotta
- Seminar Track – “Masterclasses with Michael John Trotta”
- Open to all ACDA Members; suggested registration fee of $5 per session).
- Compete this Google form to participate (last day to register is July 24). You will not be registered for the masterclasses until you complete the Google form.
- The suggested donation is $10 per masterclass. Please add to the total cost in the PayPal link if you are able.
- The first 12 participants will be emailed masterclass information in advance. If space is filled, registrants will be notified.
- Members attend live. Space is limited to 12 participants on a first-registered basis.
- 10:00-10:45AM – Collaborating with a Composer
- 11:00-11:45AM – Funding Collaborations and Commissions
- 1:00-1:45PM – The Anatomy of Creativity in Composition
- 2:00-2:45PM – The Conductor as Voice Teacher
- State Chapter Conversations: Friday, August 6, 5:00PM
- Network with ACDA members from YOUR chapter! Separate online gatherings for VA ACDA, MD/DC ACDA, and DE ACDA.
- Not from around here? You are welcome to network with any of our state chapters!
- Links to these meetings will be provided separately.
- SATURDAY, AUGUST 7 (live & online)
- 9:00 – Panel: In-Person Singing: Tips for Sharing Live Performance in Virtual Spaces. Pam McDermott, with Jane Morison, Max Nolin, and McKenna Stenson
- 10:00 – Panel: Biases, Barriers, and Boundaries: Establishing Affirming Choral Spaces. Andrew Trites, with Arreon Harley-Emerson
- 11:00 – Michael John Trotta: The Power of Story
- 12:00 – Lunch
- 1:00 – Panel: What Is Equity? The Variety of Challenges Facing Today’s Choral Director.Sherlee Glomb, Dr. Marshaun R. Hymon, Kari Adams, Daniel Jackson, and A.J. Rodriguez
- 2:00 – Michael John Trotta: Empowering Singers through Peer Modeling
- 3:00 – Panel: Extensions of Virtual Singing. Alice Boyars, with David Mann, CJ Redden-Liotta, Bonny Tynch, and Pat Vaughn
- 4:00 – Ysaye Barnwell: What is the “Negro Spiritual”?
- 5:00 – Happy Hour / Headliner Q&A with Michael Wu